Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Finally! A Post!

Do I have anything else to do? No. So I've decided to write a post for my few readers! Figuring you want more of my writing and concepts, I write for HCI tomorrow so check out that


                                                                                                                                                                   

Yakball or Hockey first?

Yakball...

LSU Tigers
So I started a Yakball thread on Sportslogos.net and this was one of many suggestions of teams to do. For the jersey, I took inspiration from the schools football uniforms and put some striping on the top of the jersey. I also made a chest stripe that continues onto the arms.

Team Macedonia Yakball
This concept was made as a fix to Ricky's concept (Ricky was the old HJC writer and now will write on HCI). It's a bit different, but other than some logo controversy was quite liked on the Sportslogos.net forum.

Wagner Seahawks

Another suggestion from the forums, Wagner is a College on Long Island. Check out the unique nameplate! Yeah I care that much about the nameplate... Anyway I went classy for Wagner, while being new and different. 

________________________________________________________________________

Hockey Time!

Fishsticks Comp. Entry
This was my entry into HJC's Fishsticks comp. It features the four stripe design that stands for the four cup wins the Isles have, while also replicating the design on the logo. I kept a similar font to what they had on the originals.

Admirals Comp. Entry
This, like the one before, was an entry into an HJC comp. I think I came in 9th with 16 points in the voting. The blue jersey's striping is based on the logo, as the white jerseys  was my attempt of trying something different. 

Carolina Hurricanes 
 I was honored to have this concept up for CotW on HJC. Thanks to Jets96 and Jersey Fanatic for the nominations. The purpose of the concept was to use a "Nikeified" version of the Whalers colors. With this being up for CotW I think that everything that I wanted was achieved.

________________________________________________________________________

So how do do think I did with these? Tell me!

Bye! And comback soon!

2 comments:

  1. The only problem is that the name on the back reads Matsedonia (transliteration) where it should read Makedonija (or Македонија) but that's okay for the first go at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the record, the guy that said the lion is controversial on the Sportlogos forum is wrong in part for the fact that many political organizations and most if not all of the national sports teams have some sort of lion nickname.

      Delete