Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Next Wave is not a Fav

For the people who have yet to see San Jose's new jerseys I have the good's right here.
From Sportslogos.net
I am not a fan of these, the Sharks had one of the best looks in the NHL, all they had to do is get rid of the front number and add the fin as a shoulder patch; but instead we get this. So far the Sharks, Canes, Remparts (QJMHL), have all had bad jersey designs, as the Stars got IMO the best look in the NHL, and the Providence Bruins (AHL) dropped the white for a good look. Speaking of a new look, the Sabres 3rd jersey is probably going to suck too. 

San Jose Sharks
This is how I think that San Jose should have made the "minor changes". The changes I made were the name plate yoke, on the Stars template which is my favorite template. The striping stays the same and so do the numbers. The new alternate is inspired by the pre-edge alt. with the bent arm stripes. I added a hem stripe to complete the jersey, something the new jerseys need. Sometimes I think that Reebok can make the best looks and San Jose was one of the things that cemented that for me, now the trust in Reebok is going away.

Buffalo Destroyers (AFL) By Ricky from BNG

Can I just say how out there this concept is. I really can't say much after that. There's just too much going on for me to like it. The one thing that I do want to say is that I would flip the the vertical sock striping. The color balancing looks good though.The concept over all is way too cluttered. Concept Rating 6/10

New York Dragons (AFL) By Ricky from BNG
I mentioned earlier in this post that I love the new Stars template, but this is a different way to use it. I might add hem stripes, but side panels don't really look that bad. I love the yoke striping and the neckline similar to the old LA Kings Alt. and the recently unveiled Providence Bruins Alternate jersey. Speaking of the Alt I can't say I really like it. The use of the two shades of green like in the logo looks bad. On the other hand I really like the number font in the comments can you tell me? Concept Rating 8/10

In other news I won Concept Of The Week (COTW) on HJC, thanks to everyone who voted. And my Alaska Aces concept won the ECHL contest on HCI. 

Bye, and thank you all for reading!

2 comments: