Friday, August 16, 2013

SKA Day!

Recently I have gotten into making fonts for the blog (check those out in the Templates page) and have stopped making a lot of concepts. Expect less and less posts as school is coming soon, and my practices are becoming more frequent. For now I have 2 concepts of my own and one by Alan John Herbert.

SKA St. Petersburg
For the first of the two "SKA" concepts today I have SKA St. Petersburg. I tried to make it resemble the New York Rangers-like jerseys they have now, with their own style. I included a star on the cuffs and in the numbers.

CSKA Moskva
For the Red Army I figured that something like this would work, classic, but with some different elements than their currents, yet still the same. I brought the old logo back, I think that the current logo despite classic is quite boring,  and this logo works for them. The chest stripe is from the 08-09 jersey, and the red pants although odd are what they wear now and they look good.

Plymouth Whalers By Alan John Herbert
This concept was on HJC Wednesday, HCI Thursday, and Jake88JC Friday. I like the the edited Ducks font, but I have never liked the grey in the original Whalers color scheme, and it doesn't look good here, I would keep the green, white, and blue colors they have now. I like the wave striping, but again the grey is really holding this back. Concept Rating 7/10

As always thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment