Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Three Concepts; None by Me

For today's post I didn't even have to make one concept! That explains it all. Except for a few more things, I have accepted to be an assistant writer on a new blog called HockeyConceptIdeas where some of my concepts will be featured. My Admin. even has a concept today. In the About page we now have a twitter (I'm too lazy to put another link). And follow the European Trophy. Now to the concepts.

Colorado Avalanche By Ricky from BNG
 Ricky says that the logos used where all from college teams, the primary is from The Univ. of Hawai'i, the second secondary from Siena, and the third from UTEP. The home and away template is a rare one to use, and one of my favorite Reebok cookie cutter templates. In my opinion the home jersey is almost perfect I would just make the name/number font white. I would (on the white) get rid of the grey and add black, sometimes I feel that I am the only one who likes black on the Avs. For the third I would go with the UTEP logo instead of the Siena logo, the jersey is a unique design which works because of the design of the other jerseys. My rating on the collegiate Avalanche is a clean 8.5/10

Buffalo Bandits By Ricky from BNG
Rickys Buffalo Bandits lacrosse to hockey jersey looks really good to me, execpt for one thing. That being the purple in the striping on the home an away. To me it would look much better all black. The third looks nice too, all except for the over sized logo but, I'm sure that's intensional. the numbers on the front of the jersey are a nice touch, since they were first on the Buffa-Slug jerseys. 8/10

St. Louis Blues By Caden
If you read my advice to Caden on Friday (on HCI), you can see he took it and made this. I like the idea of a yellow jersey for the Blues, but only as a alternate (if that were to happen they could build a home and away off their AMAZING alt., IDEA!!!!!). The problems I have with this set are mostly execution errors, such as, the T.V. numbers on the yellow jersey cutting into the piping, the Reebok logo on the back instead of the script, the AHL tag instead of the NHL (and the NHL shield isn't on the collar insert), and the blue behind the collar on the yellow jersey. But those are minor. My real problems with the set are the Number font (I would use a block font) the white numbers on the yellow jersey (BLUE), and the weird colored cuffs (just make them yellow). Other than that this reminds me of myself, when I began to make concepts,  thats good, I think. Concept Rating 8/10.

Thanks for reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment